Category Archives: career
Do you feel more restricted than free in your current job? Are you unsure what job would be best for you? Do you wish you could just find a job that you completely loved?
We’ve all asked ourselves this question at one point or another. Many of us debate what our career should be during college while many of us still wonder what our careers should be at middle-age.
The reason so many of us struggle with this is because we often repress our soul’s true desire out of fear. We think that we are not “good enough” for a certain career. We believe that success is “too difficult”. We feel that others may judge us and not provide us with support. We fear taking an investment in our dream because we may fail.
The trouble with all of these limiting thoughts and beliefs that the fear itself is what blocks us from success. It is only when we choose to release those fears that we can then freely allow our dream to flow to us so we can create the job of our dreams!
The following is a short meditation/visualization exercise that you can do in order to help yourself clear your self-defeating thoughts and discover your true dream job:
- Sit in a quiet place either sitting upright or laying down. You may also choose to sit in nature or listen to relaxing music to help clear your mind. You may also choose to do this after a yoga session, as you will naturally be a more relaxing state.
- Close your eyes and focus on breathing deeply.
- Once you feel calm and relaxed, ask yourself: For my dream job, I working in the public? Am I working at a desk? Do I have a lot of client contact? Is it half client-contact and have working alone? Do not use your mind to answer these questions but allow yourself to visualize it in your mind’s eye. Can you actually visualize yourself working at a desk or not? Can you visualize yourself directing and teaching others?
- Then ask yourself: For my dream job, am I working alone, with a co-worker, or several co-workers? Can you visualize yourself working alone? Can you visualize yourself working with a group of people? Maybe it’s even a mixture of both to some degree. Allow yourself to visualize whatever comes to you.
- Ask yourself: Who am I working with? Visualize in your mind’s eye how these people appear and their background. Are they middle class? Are they lower class? Are they from diverse cultural backgrounds? Are they children? Are they adults?
- Where are you working from? Is it your home? Is it at a large human services center? Is it at a large corporation? Are there many locations or just one? Is there travel involved?
- Most importantly, remember to ask yourself: How do I feel about this career? Do you feel expanded, free, happy, and fulfilled? Then you have successfully cleared your mind of fears to discover your dream job! If not, then you may need to try a different method to clear your mind and allow information to flow to you rather than think about it.
Do not be concerned about knowing your actual job title when you do this activity. The details will naturally come to you once you ask yourself these questions and allow yourself to visualize what you truly see yourself doing.
If you ever feel any resistance, constriction, or stress then stop and focus on breathing and calming the mind. You know that you have received the correct answer when what you’ve visualized makes you feel free, inspired, stable, and happy. Also, any feelings and impressions that you feel through the heart you can trust are truly in your highest good.
Need Guidance? Book a Tarot Reading today starting as low as $15!