Your Bad Day May Be a Sign
We’ve all had bad days: you get out of bed and stub your toe, you miss your bus, you burn your tongue on that first sip of coffee… nothing feels like it’s ever going right and you can’t understand why on earth you are suddenly having such bad luck.
Well, I had one the other day and, oddly, it wasn’t even one that started off as bad but once I decided to take an afternoon trip one bad thing led to another. To make a long story short, by the end of the trip I found myself standing outside of my apartment at midnight with no key to get in and unable to find the maintenance guy for my building for help.
Luckily, I did manage to get into my apartment so I could sleep and be ready for work the next morning.
Most of us tend to write this off as simply having “bad luck” that day, but the truth is that when it comes the universe there is no such thing as simple “bad luck” because you manifest everything that you receive. The bad day, the reoccurring headache, insomnia, digestive problems, etc. are all signs that the universe is giving to us to tell us that we need to make a change in our lives — and if we don’t listen, then it will continue to reoccur until we do!
Here is a simple spread that I did after this “bad day” moment in order to get a clear idea as to what the universe was trying to tell me in this instance. I asked the following questions:
1. What was the purpose for these events? (This card will typically show what you have been doing in your life that isn’t quite following what the universe wants of you)
2. What lessons do I need to learn? (More than likely a major card here, but it may be a minor if it is a simple lesson depending on your individual situation.)
3. What actions do I need to make? (The cards may tell you exactly what to do or not be too specific. I did asked these three questions thinking it would be enough but they simply said “make a change” but I wanted the cards to specify to what area so I could be confident as to what it is and to understand WHY it is a problem, so I asked two more additional questions for clarity.)
4. What exactly do I need to change? (If this is reversed, look at it as if you need to work for it to be upright. If it is upright, reflect on the card itself to see what energies of this card you need to strengthen in yourself for balance.)
5. How? (I dealt this one just for support of the 4th card, as I feel that it can still easily be too vague and, personally, I just wanted to learn the reasoning of the cards).
With these five cards, even if you are doing this reading on your own you should be able to get a good well-rounded idea as to what exact changes you need to make in your life in order to be more “aligned” to what the universe wants of you. Finally, it’s always important to just trust your intuition as your dealing these cards, as you already know on a deeper level exactly what you need to change already — you just have to be completely honest with yourself.
Does anybody else have other spreads that they have used for instances like this? What has worked best for you? Have you had a “bad day” lately as well? What do you think it was a sign of?
Posted on June 11, 2012, in Emotions, Happiness, Intuition, Psychology, Spirituality, Tarot and tagged anger, bad day, bad luck, emotional upset, frustration, manifest, pain, spirituality, tarot, tarot cards, tarot spreads, tarot spreads for growth, trip, vacation. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.